- The most common type of sleep meds that is readily available over the counter is melatonin-based sleep medicines. These can be purchased without a prescription and work by providing brain with a manufactured version of the chemical melatonin, which is naturally produced when your eyes detect the absence of natural light.
Sleeping pills side effects can often be harsh, however with melatonin the side effects are typically mild, short lasting and can consist of headaches, an upset stomach, moodiness, and in rare cases short bouts of insomnia.
- The second most commonly used sleep meds are known as sedating antihistamines. These are normally used in cases of allergies, but can also be administered as a relaxing agent to induce sleep. Antihistamines are generally not associated with serious side effects but can cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Unwanted symptoms can be a huge deterrent for individuals who consider seeking treatment for their sleep disorders. Therefore, the third most common sleep meds which comes in a variety of forms and has virtually no side effects, is valerian root. This plant has been helping people around the world relax for hundreds of years by relaxing the body once metabolised.
- The last and most prescribed medications on our list of sedative-hypnotics are benzodiazepine and non-benzodiazepine pills. These are psychoactive medications that work by depressing the central nervous system (CNS). Therefore, the use of this sleep medicine can be associated with drowsiness, dizziness, gastrointestinal distress and nausea.
Note: There are instances where only pharmacological intervention works; and if used as instructed sleeping pills side effects can be minimal to zero.
Are Sleeping Pills Safe?
- Generally speaking, most over the counter sleep medicines are safe and not related to any or many adverse effects.
- The sleeping pills side effects of stronger prescription medications are usually mild and short-lived. They also tend to disappear after your body has become accustomed to the therapeutic ingredients.
- As a rule of thumb, you should never mix medications or consume medication with alcohol, as the combination of sleeping pills and alcohol can increase your chances of developing side effects and have critical effects on your body too.
- Sleeping pills are safe, but your safety ultimately depends on your willingness and discipline as a person to follow not only the recommended guidelines of the manufacturer, but the recommended dosage as well.
Are Sleeping Pills Bad for Your Liver?
The answer to whether sleeping pills are bad for liver may not quite as simple as one may think. The liver is responsible for processing substances, such as the active and inactive ingredients in sleep meds. In some cases, these ingredients can be harmful. The elimination of these harmful substances can have direct or indirect consequences on the liver.
Therefore, people of advanced age who are taking sleep aids, especially prescription medications, should always consult a physician regarding the most appropriate sleeping pills dosage to use. Seniors generally have impaired liver and kidney function too, due to the physiological changes in the aged body. This can affect the removal of the therapeutic from the body as well.
Before you begin treatment, you should always make a dedicated effort to find out which medications suit your specific medical condition and individual needs. This can be easily accomplished when ordering sleeping pills online, as you have the advantage of checking the product description, manufacturer's guidelines and user reviews in order to make an informed choice. There will also be extensive product information resources provided to read up and customer support is accessible 24-7.
Long Term Effects of Sleeping Pills
- A sleep medication dosage can play a role in how the therapeutic affects the body, and in instances of prescription sleep aids, the dose and duration of usage are essential for the safe treatment of a sleep disorder.
- Using benzodiazepine and non-benzodiazepine medications in excess and for long treatment periods (generally longer than six months) increases your risk for developing dependence and tolerance. Dependence occurs when the body adjusts to the effects of a therapeutic and cannot properly function without the medicament, whilst tolerance is the effect of using the medication in the long-term such that the therapeutic effects are no longer beneficial.
- In some cases, the long-term effect of using a sleep medicine can be the exact reason you initiated treatment. This means that there are some situations where if you use a sleep aid for long periods of time, you stand the chance of developing rebound insomnia.
- Other long-term effects can include hallucinations, daytime drowsiness, impaired motor skills and depression as well.
- Even the best sleeping pills are recommended for short-term use, and if this is adhered to, in conjunction with the advised dosing guidelines, the treatment can be efficacious with minimal risk of sleeping pills side effects.
How to Wean off Sleeping Pills
If you research sleeping pills online, you would most likely be advised not to use the medication longer than you are required to. However, if you do find that you may have developed tolerance to or dependence on the therapeutic, there is a safe manner in which you are to discontinue treatment. According to Harvard Medical School, the trick to slowly decreasing your dosage and daily intake of medication can be done through the method of gradual tapering. Gradual dose tapering involves reducing your administered dosage slowly and regularly until you can safely wean off the medication.
You may experience trouble sleeping once you start lowering your dosage, but these are common withdrawal effects and are, in most cases, nothing to be concerned about. Withdrawal symptoms are normal and can set in once you begin the gradual tapering process, but the intent of this process is to minimise the risk of serious withdrawal symptoms. Your body will generally adjust to each new dosage as time goes by, until you are able to safely stop using the medication.
These, and other safety and usage specifications, can be acquired online when you buy sleeping pills in the USA through dedicated internet pharmacies.
Learn More About Sleeping Pills:
More Product Information:
At our online pharmacy, https://medszee.com/, we stock a wide range of medication for treating insomnia, along with a variety of fact acting anti-anxiety medication and strong pain pills in the USA without a prescription.
Don't forget to leave a star rating and share your opinion in the comments section below and remember that you can contact us 24 hours a day with any questions that you have about our online pharmacy.